Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My Annual Post



Well, it is time for my annual post:) Why is it that the year goes by so quickly and I am left looking back at very few words on pages of this Blog. I guess it just isn't how I invest my time. Yet I want to look back and be able to read about the amazing events (Brad in London, 10th Anniversary Norwegian Epic Cruise in the Caribbean, Trip to Tokyo and Kyoto Japan, Trip with Brad to Orlando are just a few of the travel highlights.) The answer for me is that I have 4 kids under 8 and a full-time traveling job along with a passion for people and hosting parties? This Christmas we hosted 8 full on parties. Starting November 28th with my women's Bible Study to the final one on January 4th for my company. They were well worth all the time invested but I believe I don't get these post done because I spend a ton of time decorating and cleaning:)

Alas, I have to post about something my son prayed on Saturday night. On Thursday I headed to the ER for dehydration from gastroentinitus and a CT scan for my appendix (it looks great) and was in bed all day Friday through Monday. On Saturday night my 6 year old Brody came in to pray with me since I could not go to his room. His prayer was something like this, but far more eloquent:
Dear Lord, We are grateful for all the many blessings you have given to us. For family, my teachers, our missionaries and may I glorify you in all I do. I pray that I would live out Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. 

I know I didn't pray like that as a 6 year old and as I listened to his sincere heart and words flow from him I was humbled. Reminded of the innocent prayers of a child and encouraged that my son has a tender heart for the Lord and the Holy Spirit leading his prayers.

1 comment:

Liz said...

The sweetest words can come from our little ones.