Saturday, June 18, 2011

Harrassment!

In response to several people urging me to update my blog (since it has been over a year!) I thought I better. Especially since we now have 4 kids and little Lucas has been left in the dust. At this juncture i believe my mantra is "Do it now, it won't wait." Why? Because when I tell Gabe (3) to give me a minute before helping him on the toilet, in order to finish pulling lunch out of the oven, I now have another mess to clean up:) It's either on the floor OR he has opted to get off the toilet himself leaving treasures on the toilet seat! Lovely. I should buy stock in Lysol Wipes.

Life is always busy. Doesn't matter how many kids I just like the busy life. Whenever I try to slow down I find myself being lazy and just sleeping. I love sleep but it seems like such a waste and afterward I feel guilty for not doing something more productive with my time. Like hanging out with the kids.

Raegan just graduated from kindergarten and she already likes boys! Whose kid is this anyway?! She is basically a mini-me but far smarter. Seriously, who teaches a 6 year old how to be so manipulative? Last night we were having dinner on the deck and she wanted to sit in Brody's spot and he wasn't having anything to do with it. She was trying every technique from I'll give you my dessert to you can have a sleep over. I ran inside (okay walked) to get more milk and when I got back out there she was in his spot! I asked Brody how Raegan got him out of his chair and he said, "She said please." I am proud of her for figuring that out but I believe it says a lot about Brody's character at the young age of four.

Speaking of his character, we were coming in from the garage a few weeks ago and Gabe noticed I had a pop in my hand. He said, "Mom, you are my best friend. Can I have a drink of your pop?" Of course I had to say yes to that--who could resist! Brody was right in front and heard the whole thing. I asked him if he'd like a drink of pop and who was his best friend. He said, "I'm sorry it's not you mommy." I was surprised seeing as I had the pop in my hand. Then he looked at me and said, "God is my best friend." AHHHHH. And yes, he got 2 drinks!

Enough for now--back to writing curriculum for a Club Med training I am headed to on Sunday!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Huh. I just deleted your blog off of my list of friends' blogs on our site because it hadn't been updated in so long...So, are you really 71 weeks and 5 days pregnant? I'm sure that's a record for a human--could be some good money in that exclusive somewhere...